Thursday, December 3, 2009

Downtown Disney & the Annual Passholder Sale

Can you say excitement?

This Saturday, my Disney-Sister & I will leave our homes at 3am & head for Downtown Disney(DTD) in search of some great deals at the Annual Passholder Sale at World of Disney(WoD) or Disney's version of Black Friday. Are we crazy...possibly. I'll be sure to let you know after we get back home!

We went to WoD last weekend to "scope out the joint". We made lists of things we wanted & what room they were in. Mapping out our plan of attack included speaking to a manager about the event as well. In doing some research on previous annual passholder sales, last year was reported to have been crazy...selling out of $3 mouse ears in no time. The free give-away last year was reported to be insane, with CM throwing the items into the crowd instead of handing them to people as they walked in the door.

Of course, being ever so politically correct, the manager could not confirm or deny anything. But, when asked the right questions, for example-instead of "when you hand out the free vinylmation dolls" use "If you were to hand something out", I got some answers! While they will not confirm or deny the free VinylMation dolls this weekend to the first 1000 people, I was told that IF something were to be given out, it would be in an orderly fashion. I was also told that there will only be 1 entrance into WoD Saturday morning. Of course, which entrance was not stated yet, but was promised that it would be a crowd controlled environment and in place before people were lining up that morning. Another thing to remember is that this is an event for passholders ONLY. You must have your annual pass & Gov't issued ID with you.

So, in hopes of getting my 1st VinylMation Doll (yes, my 1st...and wondering if this will be the first of many), I will be there! I am also hoping to see some of the 2009 Mom's Panel ladies at the sale (@beautygirlsmom, @MomsPanelErin & @mefries). Although, I am hoping to see you in line. I'll be too busy shopping once we get inside ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment