Monday, June 21, 2010

All the Way to 10k Party..the Twitter Version

I think it was March, 2009.  I signed up for a twitter account.  I had NO idea why, either.  I think my first tweet was something along the line of..

I signed up for twitter today because I thought the little blue bird was cool.

Yeah. Seriously.  I had NO clue what I was doing.  I had signed up for twitter to serve as an easy access to updating my facebook page.  I had a stupid phone at the time, so simple text messaging was all I could do.  It seemed to serve a purpose.  And then, as my good friend would say, I had my "a-ha" moment.

In September '09, I had applied to the WDW Mom's Panel & tweeted about it.   A few of my friends had responded to my tweet, but then I started getting new followers...and Erin Foster (@MomsPanelErin) started following me & wished me luck.

And I haven't shut up since.

Twitter had been crazy lately & accurate tweet counts had disappeared.  I was so excited when they came back Saturday morning...just a little over 200 before I hit my 10,000th tweet.  Thats a lot of communicating!  Later Saturday night, I decided to go for it..I would hit 10k Saturday night.  I sent this out to my "tweeps" :


And the party started!  Amanda(Disney Every Day)  suggested we sing a song (Ice Ice Baby). Charles tried to sing Kumbayah.  We talked upcoming Disney trips, Star Wars Weekends & Conventions.  We talked about vacations, kids.  We even joked about making t-shirts to commemorate the "event".  But, 90 minutes & 110 tweets later..

Promise me you'll always remember...you are braver than you believe and stronger than you seem & smarter than you think. ~Christopher Robin to Pooh

All in all, 10k tweets is an accomplishment, but its just a number.  Its more about the relationships & the people that have touched my life in so many ways.  The friendships that have been started.  The lessons that have been learned.  The community that has been so gracious to accept me...my random babbling, my proud mommy moments, my super awesome Disney missions, various pictures & links to various cheesy 80's You Tube songs.  The community that has accepted my super-DIS-functional (get it? DIS for Disney? lol..ok I *thought* it was funny) family..The Boy, Mini-Me, Future Headache & Princess Peanut..and has really taken the time to get to know them!  I so appreciate when y'all remember the things that we share that are going on in our lives!  It means a lot!

Every one of you has helped me reach the 10k mark...and I thank you!!  For those that were there that night to help keep me "tweeting" away, a super special thank you!!  Check these people out if you get a chance..and if you are not following them or tweeting with them, you should be!

And these are in NO particular order ;)

Nicole - @njoysiscaretti - Talk to this gorgeous chick abt scrapbooking, make up & dance
Briana -@BufferflyBrie - Get to know this aspiring new actress before she hits the big time!
Mark - @MHWeaver913 - Fun loving Disney Dad
Charles - @charlesaguillon - Great Dad, Hubby & Friend! Lives too far away from the Mouse..needs to move closer :)
Vanessa - @nessaaguillon - Charles's beautiful wife! You seriously could not meet a nicer couple than these 2!
Jim - @JimGarth - ok so he's a self-proclaimed #moron..but we love him anyways!!
Jared - @Jaredsward - Just a super great guy! Total fun!!
Scott - @bigdsp - another super fabulous Disney fan!
Shaene - @shaene_o_mite - great Disney lovin', adventure traveling, Village People look-alike friend
Amanda - @amandatinney - If you only follow one Disney gal, this is the one! She really is Disney Every Day!
Jillian - @JL_Davis - This girl loves her Disney Cruises, scrapbooking & NASA!  She went to a NASA tweet up, too!
Elisabeth - @itsmydinner - another great Disney fan ;) Not afraid to speak her mind & call out my fave 80's songs as cheesy ;)
Kathy - @Katly123 - This girl was brave enough to go thru high school with me & still talk to me on Twitter!! Loves NASA & her pets!
Brent - @the4orce22 - Resident Star Wars Expert, Disney Fan & great dad ;) Not afraid to "get his geek on" :)
Angela - @stitchlvr - The girl loves Stitch..what more can I say?
Traci - @TraciLeigh - This girl is my long lost soul sister! Ghost Hunting, Fondue eating, Sex & the City watching, Disney fan ;)
Jackie - @jjzmgailey - This gal is my soon to be a whole lot closer Toy Story Midway Mania riding buddy! Scrapbooking & Disney are her thing!
Paul - @PaulChadkin - One of my super great Disney friends! A great friend to watch Fantasmic with!
Tracy - @tiggerlover75 - Fabulous stay at home Disney Momma :)
Puddintain  - @disneymom1218 - great Disney mom :) Always takes the time to check on ya & see how things are!

My 10k tweet is a quote from the original Winnie the Pooh stories.  I felt it was perfect. "Promise me you'll always remember...you are braver than you believe and stronger than you seem & smarter than you think."   Someone somewhere thinks the world of you.  You are brave & strong & smart.  Use these to do good in the twitterverse.  Make someone smile.  Its contagious & will help make the world a better place.  Promise me.

Thanks again to everyone who helped me!! Love you all!!  Looking forward to the next 10k tweets!

10 comments:

  1. We're here for you no matter the mission in life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm famous! Thanks for the shout-out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, it was so fun to help you get there! Yay! Thanks for the shout-out, Maria! <3 ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was sooooo much fun to help you get to 10k! Can't wait to celebrate at MK on Saturday. I think you need an "I'm celebrating" button (hey, I made one for "1st pin collection" today, you can get one for 10,000 tweets lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Ah-ha!" ;) Love ya, chickie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I told you I would make you love me! I'm famous and you know it which is why I always on tour! love to my "Vinyl Sized Cheerleader"!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on 10K!! @mpdiane

    ReplyDelete
  8. I. Love. This. Post.
    And you. I adore you. To pieces.
    That quote is one of my favorite Pooh quotes.
    And someday soon we will go on a ghost hunt in our 'sex and the city' inspired shoes and then celebrate with fondue!

    many hugs to you!
    xoxo :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was so much fun to be a part of this! Thanks for mentioning me in this post. I am honored! You are a very special person Maria and I think I have found a "True Friend". I hope to always be available to you if you need me for anything. "To Infinity & Beyond" - You know who! Love you girl, Brent.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amanda - Girl, you always inspire me to write more! Thanks so much!!

    Charles - glad I could make u feel special ;) Looking forward to the 4th!

    Jackie, girl u know I love u!! And I can't wait to do TSMM with u again!

    Jillian - we totally forgot the button! We'll have to do it this weekend!

    JL - A-HA! lol xoxo

    Shaene - I will be your cheerleader to the end!

    Diane - Thanks so much for stopping by!! Don't be a stranger!! :)

    Traci - I am totally ready. Remember..I hear somewhere call your name daily ;) hugs! love u!!

    Brent - Well aren't you just the sweetest space toy I ever did meet! You've got a friend in me :) And I think I have found the same in you!! I am touched ;) Thanks, Brent!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete